This is a Vector Tutorial. So there are a lot of screen Shots.
Begin by opening a Image 500 X 500.
1. Open up the wood pattern you unzipped. Or use one of your
choice. Change your background to pattern and find your
wood patten. Go to your Preset Shapes Tool/Ellipse. Anti-alias
and Vector are checked. Draw a large Ellipse on your image.
2. Go to Objects/Align/Center of Canvas.
For PSP 7: Click on your Object Selection tool
For PSP 8, click on your pen tool:
3. Hold down your CTRL key and click on your Image and add
the following nodes. Put one at the 11 o'clock Position, one at the
2 o'clock position. Add one at the 7 o'clock position and one at the
5 o'clock position.
4. Pull the very bottom node down to form a point.
5. Pull the 2 top nodes out, to round them out at the sides.
6. Pull the two side nodes in a little bit.
7. Click on one of the side nodes until you see the arrows
showing and pull the arrows down to round out the bottom.
Do the same to the other side until you get the shape you like.
8. Go to the nodes that were added to the top, and pull
the arrows out until it rounds it out.
9. Pull the top middle node up.
10. Go back to the middle nodes and pull the arrows up until
you get the shape you want.
When you are happy with your shape. Right click on your
Layer and choose Convert to Raster. The Hard part is done!
This page was last updated 05/10/2003