Copyright © WGB Creations All Rights Reserved.
Do not duplicate, translate, archive, appropriate or redistribute this document.
Tutorial Written 05/14/07
Translate from english to any Language here:
This is a Vector Tutorial. Easy. Make a Color Chart with a Black and a Dark Grey, White and Light Gray, Green and a Light Brown.
This Tutorial was written in PSP 9. Can be done in any Version.
1. We are going to make a tile First. Open a New Image 100 X 100. Flood Fill with #8A777B. Go to Adjust/Add Remove Noise. Check the Random. But in a 15 and Apply. Name it what ever you want. This is just for the Baby Penguin Body. Leave it Open.
2. Open a New Image 400 X 400. Add a new Vector Layer named Body. Using The tile you just maded as your Background. Foreground Null. Using the Preset Shapes Tool/Ellipse and shape like below.
Right click on the layer and Convert to Raster. Go to Selections/Float. Then go to Effects/3D Effects/Cutout and Apply with the Following Settings:
Vertical and Horizontal: 0
Shadow Color: #000000
Keep Selected! Using the Airbrush Tool with the following settings Shade the Head only with #000000:
3. Add a New Vector Layer Named Wing. Change your Background to Gray Color. Using the Preset Tool/ Ellipse draw a Ellipse and shape as Below.
Right Click and Convert to Raster. Go to Selections/Select all/Selections/Float. Using the Airbrush Tool, Size 45 change your Foreground to a darker shade and shade around the Edges. Deselect and right Click and Choose Duplicate. Then go to Image Mirror. Place on the other Side.
4. Add A new Vector Layer Named White Head. Using The Preset Shapes Tool/Ellipse Background Color White. Draw a small Ellipse. Add 2 nodes at the top on each side and then move the Midlle Node down and shape as below.
Right Click and Convert to Raster. Go to Selections/Select all/Selections/Float. Using the Airbrush Tool, Size 45 change your Foreground to a gray shade and shade around the Edges.
5. Add a New Vector Layer called Beak. Using the Preset Shapes Tool Triangle. Draw a Small Triangle. Background color is Black. Double Click on Any Node. Then Right Click choose Node Type and change to Symmertic. Right Click and Duplicate. Then go back to the Original and Make it just a Bit Smaller By using the Preset Shapes tool. I made the duplicate a differnt color so you could see it.
Convert both Layers to Raster. On the Duplicate Layer. Go to Effects/3D Effects/Inner Bevel and Apply with the following settings:
6. Add A new Vector Layer Named Eye. Using The Preset Shapes Tool/Ellipse Draw a small Ellipse. Your Background should still be Black. Draw a small ellispe for a Eye. Duplicate the Layer and Place on the other side. Right Click and Choose Merge Down. Right Click again and Convert to Raster. Apply the same Inner Bevel. Go to Selections/Select All/Selection/Invert. Using the Airbrush Tool Size 10 shade some Brown around the eyes.
7. Go Back to the White Head Layer. and Using a Green Color and the Airbrush tool, Size 10. Spray a small line from the top to the Beak. As shown above