Copyright © WGB Creations All Rights Reserved.
Do not duplicate, translate, archive, appropriate or redistribute this document.
Tutorial Written 10/14/07
Translate from english to any Language here:
Thank you Rosie for your help on this!
Software: Ulead Photo Impact 12
Title: Witch's Hat
Skill Level: Begineer Vector
Additional Files: None
Path Drawing Tool
Dodge & Burn
Description: Learn how to draw a basic shape, Using the Path Tools. Use the Dodge & Burn and Paintbrush to shade.
1. Open a New Image 500 X 500 with a White Background.
Using the Path Tool, Shape Triangle: Color-Black: Mode 3D Width- 10 Depth- 30. Draw a Triangle 197 X 374. Go into Path Edit. Change the Bottom Line to Curve and use the Arrows to shape it as Below. Make Sure you are in Free Edit!
2. Using the Path Tool, Shape Rectangle: Color-#1C1C1C: Mode 3D; Width- 10 Depth- 15. Draw a Rectangle 200 X 42. Go into Path Edit. Change the Top and Bottom Line to Curve. Adjust as shown below. You might need to use the Deform Tool Perspective to fit this shape to the shape of your top hat.
3. Using the Path Tool, Shape Ellipse: Color- #000000: Mode 3D . Width- 10 Depth- 10. Draw a Ellipse 400 X 90. Right Click/Arrange/Send to Back. Right Click again and Choose Duplicate. Make sure your light is on the left.
4. Using the Duplicate. Fill it with a #1C1C1C. Also Change the Mode to 2D. Right Click and Send to the Back. On the Duplicate layer. Use the Arrow keys on your Keyboard and push the down arrow 10 times.
5. Using the Path Tool, Shape Rectangle: Color- #000000: Mode 2D. Draw a Rectangle 18 X 9. Right Click and Duplicate. Place as Shown below. Put at the very edges.
Use the Layer Manger to move these 2 pieces between the Bottom Black and the Bottom Gray.
6. Using the Path Tool, Shape 5 point Star: Color-Any Color: Mode 2D . Draw some star's on the top of your hat.
Thats it for the Shapes. Lets put it together!
7. Click on the Top Hat Layer. Right Click and Choose Convert Object Type/From Text/Path to Image. Using the Paintbrush Tool with #FFFFFF Size- 20 Tranparency 0, Soft edge 100. Choose the straight Line Option and Paint one line on the left side following the shape of the hat. Then paint another line right next to it.
8. Click on the Band Layer. Right Click and Choose Convert Object Type/From Text/Path to Image. Using the Burn Tool: Size- 50 Soft Edge- 50 Level- 50. Shade the Right side. Change to the Dodge Tool: Size- 50 Soft Edge- 50 Level- 50. Shade the left side.
9. Click on the Black Bottom Layer. Using the Lighting feature in the Path Panel move Light 1 as shown below.
9. Select all Objects. Merge as a single object.