Copyright © WGB Creations All Rights Reserved.
Do not duplicate, translate, archive, appropriate or redistribute this document.
Tutorial Written 05/28/07
Translate from english to any Language here:
Software: Ulead Photo Impact 12
Home Page: WGB
Title: Easy Tulip
Skill Level: Beginneer Vector
Additional Files: None
Path Drawing Tool
Description: Learn how to draw a basic shape, Using the Custom Shapes. Use the Retouch tools to shade.
1. Open a New Image 400 X 400 with a White Background. Using the Path Drawing tool.
Select a color you want for the Tulip. Then go to Custom Shapes and choose B24. Select 2D Object. Draw a Shape 100W X 130H.
Hit the Enter Key so it isn't selected anymore.
2. Using the Same color and the Path Drawing tool. Change to the Half Moon Shape, B25. Draw a Shape the same size as the Center Shape. 72 X 130. I change the color so you could see it.
On the Attributes Tool Bar Click on the Edit Path Object.
On the Atttributes Tool Bar Select The Edit Mode and then Select Free Edit. Click on the top Node and Use the Arrow Keys and Pull the Handles in to make a Point. Pull it up slightly to. I could not give a screen shot. Sorry.
Right Click on this shape and choose Duplicate. Then Use the Transform Tool and Flip Horizontally. Place on the other side.
Hit the Enter Key to Deselect.
4. Using the Line And Arrow Tool. Use the Spline Tool. Change the Color to a Green Color. Make the Width 8, 2D Object. Draw a Stem. Make sure you have Selected the Straight line. Then Right Click and Send to the Back.
5. Using the Path Drawing Tool. Same Green Color, 2D Object Custom Shape FI44. Draw Out a Leaf. 114 X 111. When Done Right Click, go to Arrange and Send to the Back.
Thats it for the Shapes. Lets put it together!
6. Using the Pick Tool. Click on the Right Petal to Select it. Right Click and Choose Convert Object Type/From Text/Path to Image. Using the Retouch Tools/Burn
Settings: Brush Head Size is 20, Soften Paint Edges 25, Level 25.
Go around the edges. Then Switch to the Dodge Tool. Same Settings and go down the center.
7. Repeat the same steps for the other Petal.
8. Using the Pick Tool, Click on the Center Layer to Select it. Right Click and Choose Convert Object Type/From Text/Path to Image. Use the Burn Tool where the Petals Meet and the Dodge Tool down the center.
9. Click on the Stem to select it. Use the Burn tool on the right Side. And the Dodge Tool on the Left Side.
10. Using the Pick Tool, Click on the Leaf to Select it. Right Click and Choose Convert Object Type/From Text/Path to Image. Go around the edges with the Burn tool. Change to the Dodge Tool. Reduce the Size of the Brush to 5 and draw some Veins in. Then Switch back to the Burn tool and use between the Viens.
Right Click on the Leaf Layer and Choose Duplicate. Then Use the Transform Tool To Flip Horizontally. Place where you Want. Right Click and Choose Arrange and Send to the Back.