Copyright © WGB Creations All Rights Reserved.
Do not duplicate, translate, archive, appropriate or redistribute this document.
Tutorial Written 12/20/07
Translate from english to any Language here:
Software: Ulead Photo Impact 12
Title: Christmas Stocking
Skill Level: Beginner Vector
Additional Files: Stocking Tile. Right click and Save
Path Drawing Tool
Description: Learn how to draw a basic shape, Using the Path Tools. Use the Retouch tools and Paint Tools to shade.
1. Open a New Image 400 X 400 with a Gray Background. Using the Path Drawing Tool, Ellispe, 2D: Color- #FFFFFF. Draw a Shape 185 X 80. Go into Path Edit and use the Nodes to shape as Shown Below.
2. Right Click and Duplicate the shape. Just off set it for Now we will adjust it later.
3. Using the Path Drawing tool, 3D, Ellipse, Color any, Width: 4, Depth: 10. Draw a Ellipse 150 X 170. Now go to Edit Fill/Image then click on the Locater to find where you saved the stocking Tile to on your Computer, and fill. Go into Path Edit, add 2 nodes at the top on each side, and 2 Nodes at the bottom on each side. Use the Nodes to shape as Shown Below.
4. Use the Layer Manager to move this between the 2 White Pieces. And Offset the back white piece as shown below.
5. Right click on one of the White Layers and Convert Object Type/Path to Image. Using the Airbrush Tool,
Size: 50, Transparency: 50, Soft Edge 85, Shade around the edges. Then go to Photo/Noise/Add Noise. Click on the Options Button. Choose Varied, Variance: 5 and check the Monochromatic . Repeat
for the Other white Layer.
6. Right click on the Red Sock Layer and Convert Object Type/Path to Image. Using the Burn Tool,
Size: 50, Soft Edge: 50, Level: 50, Shade as Shown Below. Change to the Dodge Tool same Setting and shade some Highlight on.
Fill your sock with what ever you want!